No Sew Fleece Blanket - Tie Baby Blankets
- Fabric can be any size. These are just some suggested sizes.
*Newborn - 36" X 24" makes a great size for car seats
Baby/Toddler - 1 to 1 1/2 yards (in both fabrics)
Child - 1 3/4 yards (in both fabrics)
Teen/Adult - 2 yards (in both fabrics)
Things you need:
- Two pieces of fleece the same size. Piece may be the same pattern,
two different patterns, two plain colors or a pattern on one side
and a plain color on the other.
Scissors (sharp ones)
Tape measure or ruler
one 4" x 4" piece of paper
No sew fleece blanket instructions:
- Take your two pieces of fleece. Put one piece on top of the other lining up the edges so they are even. (one side will be the front and the other side will be the back of your blanket)
- - - - More Pictures
- Trim off any selvage around the edges of your fleece (try not to cut in more than 2 inches) * Remember you need to try to cut straight, but it doesn't have to be.
- Take your piece of 4"x4" paper lay it on the corner of your blanket. Then cut out the corner through both layers. Proceed to do this on all four corners.
- Now you are ready to cut your fringes. Cut 4" fringes into both fleeces at 1" apart. I found it easier to lay a tape measure across from the corner of the cut out corner to the other.
- Your fringes don't need to be 1" exactly, just try to keep them the same size. (You don't want to have one fringe 1" and the next one 2".)
Proceed to cut 1" intervals on all four sides.
- Starting on one side tie over hand knots (using one fringe from each fleece.) Tie these knots on every other fringe around the entire blanket.
- Then flip the whole blanket over and tie the remaining knots until your blanket is complete. (This helps your knotted ends look perfect)
- Some prefer to only tie one knot, but I like to double knot them. This helps them from coming untied especially in the wash.
* For newborn blankets, I prefer a 3' fringe. So if you want 3" fringe follow the same steps but using 3" instead of 4". In step 3 cut a 3" x 3" in the corners and in step 4 cut 3" fringe every 1"